Sometimes children need to be unconscious before our pediatric dentist can provide the necessary treatment. If your child is in this situation, Soudabeh Sharafi DMD can provide an in-office general anesthetic to help your child sleep while receiving his or her dental care. Please call us at 858-259-1400 to learn more about general anesthesia in San Diego, California, and to make your child’s appointment with Dr. Soudabeh Sharafi.
General anesthesia may be recommended if:
- Your child cannot relax or calm down enough for treatment to be performed safely
- Needs oral surgery or another treatment that would be difficult to complete while he or she was awake
- Needs extensive dental work performed in a single visit
- Has a disability that limits his or her ability to understand directions and safely receive treatment
- Our dentist will provide you with instructions about eating and drinking before and after the procedure, and on caring for your child following his or her treatment. Please follow these instructions as closely as possible.
We also recommend that you discuss he procedure with your child so that he or she will know what to expect.
For more information on general anesthesia and to make your child’s appointment with our pediatric dentist, please contact our practice today.